HAPPY ONE YEAR TO ME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

 


Truly, where the fuck do I begin?

Actually, I know where. Firstly, I want to thank you all for your support over the last year. I fully did not expect to turn into like, a full-fledged crossword constructor, but here we are! Here I am! The love you've all given my work, and in turn me, over the last year has been overwhelming - I mean that in a good way. It makes me happycry when I think about it for more than five seconds. 2022 has been a bit grueling for me - I was diagnosed with a kind of bizarre disease and while it's fortunately not fatal and my symptoms are pretty mild, it's been truly unmooring in a lot of ways. I basically woke up in a new body in the middle of a pandemic - talk about an identity crisis. Anyway, I say this all to say that making puzzles has been a godsend for me in terms of reorienting myself in the world. I had a moment where I was like "hey, I still have my voice and I'm still me and I still have my sense of humor!" and I threw all of that into Crossfire to make whatever the hell I make. I just hope you all know that I am deeply appreciative of your appreciation of me and my antics, and that I love y'all dearly. Thank you.

Secondly, I want to apologize for not actually having a puzzle ready for my puzzle-versary. Sorry if this whole post is a tease, but I want you to know I TRIED! I really did! My day job, which unfortunately requires me to think thoughts (ugh can you believe), has turned my brain into lukewarm jelly and I just can't come up with like, really, totally earth-shattering and Pulitzer-worthy things like [It's a shoe in] for AFOOT at the moment. If I'm going to serve you dumb bullshit, I need to make sure it's piping hot. My promise to you is that anything on this blog is so deeply stupid it'll make you wish that endosymbiosis (arguably one of the hornier theories of evolution) never happened and that humans never developed the capacity for language. I believe in the power of creating abominations.


xoxo luv ya,

Comments

Popular Posts